Menu
chrisbutlerhowa
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming not working in France

I've just returned from France where roaming on my Virgin Mobile for texts and calls worked fine, but data roaming did not. I spoke to Virgin Media customer services who confirmed both roaming and data roaming was activated, but no matter what we tried, it would not work.

I also switched my SIM into my wife's phone (identical hardware) to rule out an issue with my phone, however I still did not receive data. She is also on Virgin Mobile and her data roaming worked.

Having read another community post from someone in the technical team stating that although the customer services team have visibility that data roaming is turned on, there is actually another setting that only the technical team have access to that needs to be enabled too.

I cannot bear trying to get this resolved over the phone, so I'm hoping that someone in the technical team will pick this up and check my account to ensure everything is enabled that needs to be...

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working in France

Hi Chrisbutlerhowa,

Cheers for dropping by, how was your holiday?

I would like to help and I can chekc on the roaming from here and if need be, (which it is already looking likely), arrange a SIM card to be sent out to the home address.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope. Finally, are you going back to France soon?

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
chrisbutlerhowa
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working in France

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

Since I posted this forum I contacted VM by phone to request the data pack and call charges I incurred calling them from France be refunded. I spoke to a different person in the VM team, and they advised me that data roaming wasn't actually turned on...

Was I surprised? Not really. I don't know why VM can't sort their team/systems out so customers receive consistent information no matter who they speak to, because my wife had exactly the same issue as I have but about 18 months ago.

Obviously I won't know if roaming does now work until I next go overseas, but one can only hope.

0 Kudos