Menu
MattHuggett
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming issue!

I've got a new VirginMobile contract phone and come to EU for the 1st time. Data roaming is enabled on my account and on the phone. I've bought a 250MB pass but can't get the phone to receive data - very annoying! Any suggestions?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) MichaelGr
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming issue!

Hi

Please take a look at my answer on this previous thread and see if that helps you out.  

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-Data-Roaming-in-Spain/m-p/31827

If you need more details please post your device make and model someone will show you where to find your Access Point Names

Thanks

Mike

I work for Virgin Media Mobile however my posts are my own opinions and Virgin cannot be held responsible.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming issue!

MichaelGr wrote:

Hi

Please take a look at my answer on this previous thread and see if that helps you out.  

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-Data-Roaming-in-Spain/m-p/31827

If you need more details please post your device make and model someone will show you where to find your Access Point Names

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

unfortunately the link you have provided doesn't go to the correct page.

However it is a good answer and possible solution so I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting below:

"This may be relating to your Access Point Name (APN) being set to an EE APN, this means the device would work whilst in the UK but not whilst abroad. It will hopefully be a simple case of popping the Virgin APN into the phone settings.

Can you please go to settings>more>mobile network>Access Point Names and check what is selected at the moment please."

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos