Menu
byrom94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming is not working! I want to contact my fiance!

I have come to Germany and have been here for 3 days. There is 10 days left and I really would like to contact home!

My phone claims to be comnected to telekom.de and roaming IS switched on. And yet I cannot send or receive texts, or even make calls. However, lo and behold, spammy missold PPI rubbish have managed to call me...

Explain this please? I need to call home.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming is not working! I want to contact my fiance!

Hi byrom94,

are you able to check your account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab.

Go to "Manage my services" > check that "Roaming" is set to ON & "International call barring" is set to OFF

If not, make it so. Allow time for your account to update then reboot your phone by turning it off & on again.

Also, check your phone's settings to ensure that roaming is enabled on the handset.

Hopefully this might be your problem.

If not, you may be able to try here for help: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.

Alternatively, if you can borrow a phone to call Virgin Mobile. Their UK support line number is: +447953 967 967

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
byrom94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming is not working! I want to contact my fiance!

I purchased a 250MB Travel Pass, and I was very glad the text finally worked after a bit of playing about.

I got the 'Thank You' text and decided to try it out to make sure it was active. It says 3G in my notification bar, as well as an R next to my bars of signal.

Texts go through fine, unlike yesterday. But I'm having 0 luck connecting to mobile Web. No signs at all of it working...

This is becoming a nuisance now, I just want to be able to contact home on the go.

When I send the 'STATUS' text I receive a text back instructing me how to buy a pass?
0 Kudos