Menu
maisielovell
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Data not working abroad!

Hi, I’m on holiday and I have service to text and call but I cannot get my data to work! I have turned it on via my Virgin account and have checked my APN and it seems to be ok. So I don’t know why it isn’t working. Can anyone help please?!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data not working abroad!

Hi maisielovell,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have reset this on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi maisielovell,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. You may need to manually search through the available networks to see with one works, as the auto-connection doesn't always find the available local host network.

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs or you can find your handset on our following website to have the configuration settings for mobile internet sent to your phone: Online Send Phone Settings. If your handset isn’t on this list, you will need to manually reset the APN settings.

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi maisielovell,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have reset this on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
maisielovell
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri, I’ll keep an eye on it
0 Kudos
maisielovell
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, it’s back working! Thank you for your help, much appreciated!
0 Kudos