Menu
Dimbers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Data charges

So we got a contract phone for our son, we noticed that he had used all of his included data allowance so we switched off his data roaming and mobile data. We then noticed that all the time these were switched off we were still getting charged £2.00 a day for data usage. One day in particular when the phone was in the house all day, connected to wifi and we were still charged.

We called virgin who credited a small amount back onto the account, but couldn't credit the full amount until the bill was created. We were due to get a call back on Tuesday but have heard nothing. I cant understand how even with the mobile data and data roaming turned off they are still charging us for data usage.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data charges

Hi Dimbers,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're being charged for going over the data allowance on your son's phone. 

Please make sure that the apps on the phone are set to connect only via WiFi, as they will still connect to the mobile data for updates or run in the background. You may need to go into each app setting and make sure to disable background access.

Please let me know if you are still being charged for data usage after this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data charges

Terri_P wrote:

Hi Dimbers,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're being charged for going over the data allowance on your son's phone. 

Please make sure that the apps on the phone are set to connect only via WiFi, as they will still connect to the mobile data for updates or run in the background. You may need to go into each app setting and make sure to disable background access.

Please let me know if you are still being charged for data usage after this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Erm...

so we switched off his data roaming and mobile data

A week to respond, and you don't seem to have read the post properly. Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos