Menu
Dal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Data Usage Help

Hi All

Can i get some advice please.  I have somehow managed to use up all of my data usage.  I have looked on my account details and i can see that a couple of days ago around 25 mins past each hour my phone started using between 35mb - 38mb.  I have turned off my data roaming but is there any way i can see which app would of been causing this to happen

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Smellytears
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data Usage Help

Dal wrote:

Hi All

Can i get some advice please.  I have somehow managed to use up all of my data usage.  I have looked on my account details and i can see that a couple of days ago around 25 mins past each hour my phone started using between 35mb - 38mb.  I have turned off my data roaming but is there any way i can see which app would of been causing this to happen

Hello there,

Best bet would be to download an app called "My Data Manager". You can set that up, include how much data you're allowed per month (or if it's unlimited or not), set up the plan cycle dates, and the app will then inform you of how much data you're using - as well as what apps consume what data.

You can even set it up so that data is disabled after a certain usage.

Hope that helps

Smellytears

All Replies
Smellytears
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dal wrote:

Hi All

Hello there,

Best bet would be to download an app called "My Data Manager". You can set that up, include how much data you're allowed per month (or if it's unlimited or not), set up the plan cycle dates, and the app will then inform you of how much data you're using - as well as what apps consume what data.

You can even set it up so that data is disabled after a certain usage.

Hope that helps

Smellytears

Petefoz
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for the suggestion but I already have my data manager.  It reports the biggest download is os services.  Is there anything I can do to cut that back?

When I could look at usage, it was at the same number of minutes past the hour, usually overnight, only a couple of Mb each time but for several consecutive hours.  Some nights it used enough power to flatten an almost full battery.  Does any of this help find out what is going on and what to do to stop it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Petefoz,

I've replied to your other thread for this Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos