Menu
GoateeMan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data Top Up?

Is it possible to top up for date usage before refresh date on allowances. I've requested more data next month ( switched up tariff ) but could do for travel on hols ( in the uk ) as google maps sucks up data. My refresh date is somewhere in the middle of our holiday. I know i can pay for more airtiem but will this automatically cover date in advance...or I'll end up paying the daily charge. Think can thenget wifi at holiday destination so can survive once there. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data Top Up?

You can also save off line maps on google maps, save the area your going to, write down the key points of the main journey just like we did before sat as Smiley Wink

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GoateeMan,

I'm afraid "data top up bundles" aren't available from Virgin Mobile.

Once you've used up your allowance, if you continue to use mobile data you'll be charged by the daily rate of £2 per day Smiley Sad

Did you call customer services to increase your tariff for next month?

If so, you could have tried asking for a "one off" extra allowance to tide you over. (They have done this for me in the past).

It might be worth giving them a call back.

Instead of Google Maps I use HERE maps (also available on iOS).

It's a free download, then use it offline so saves your data Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can also save off line maps on google maps, save the area your going to, write down the key points of the main journey just like we did before sat as Smiley Wink

GoateeMan
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yep. Discovered the Google save option recently and have pen paper and map book so will survive. Just annoying as suddenly 95% data used.. Another recent journey and blame Pokemon Go.
0 Kudos