Menu
Sambo6654
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Data Roaming Not Working Spain

Hi,

I am in Spain and have putchased a travel pass for mobile data.

Roaming is enabled on my account.

I am able to make calls and send texts. I am not however able to get a mobile data connection. Data Roaming is enabled on my phone. My girlfriend who is on three is getting mobile data fine so i know the signal is fine where we are.

I have checked the APN settings and all look correct.

Please help. I cant call the help number as it will cost me money as i am abroad.

Sam

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data Roaming Not Working Spain

Hi Sam,

have you also checked your device settings for data roaming? Possibly:

Android: settings > more settings (or more network settings) > mobile networks > data roaming ( green tick is on, no tick off)

IPhone: settings > mobile data > mobile data options > data roaming slider ( green on – grey off)

If so then I'm afraid that your only option to get your travel pass to work may be by calling in.

(Although roaming is clearly enabled in your account. On Virgin's side of things there is a separate setting for data roaming. This might be your problem).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calling in on +447953 967 967 will be quickest way to sort it (4p @min), looks like they need to reset your settings on their side. Another option would be to wait for a reply here - but that could be days untill they get to it.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Sambo6654
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy replies.

I phoned customer services and indeed my data roaming was disabled. They said they would turn it on and to give it up to 30 minutes.

Hopefuly this will work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sambo6654,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your roaming wasn't working while abroad in Spain and for the time it's taken to reply to your post. It's great to see that both AlexKid and teabag have been able to give you advice on this.

Is your roaming working for you now?

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Sambo6654
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes it is all resolved now. Customer services enabled data roaming and it worked.

I was surprised that it wasn't enabled by default after adding the travel pass. 

Sam

0 Kudos