Menu
kmciver
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data Allowance

Good morning,

Can you please help me?

I have recently check my bill. On this bill it states that I am using internet at various hours through the night and during the day thus eating into my data allowance. Once I have used my data allowance of 2GB I shall start to be charged.  The issues I have are 1) at these times during the night I am home sleeping, therefore I am not using my phone let alone on the internet; 2) I am connected to my wifi at home so how can I be using my data and 3) weekdays 9am to 4.30pm I am connected to wifi at work so again how can I be using my data?

Can someone please advise me what is going on?
Thanks
Kirsty
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data Allowance

Hi Kirsty,

many Apps regularly check for updates & use background data.

Even if you are connected to WIFI it's possible that when in standby your phone's WIFI goes to sleep.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
kmciver
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am not accepting this. Firstly it didn't happen before. Only occurred when I have been given a new number. Secondly I have another accout and my husband uses this number. This does not happen to him. Have you even checked my account?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

kmciver wrote:
I am not accepting this. Firstly it didn't happen before. Only occurred when I have been given a new number. Secondly I have another accout and my husband uses this number. This does not happen to him. Have you even checked my account?

Hi Kirsty,

this is primarily a customer based forum where Virgin customers like you and I can offer help and advice.

I can't check your account.

The forum is monitored by Virgin staff and one may respond to this post but it could take a couple of days.

If you have not altered any settings on your phone and feel your account needs looking at you would be best advised to call customer services on 789 (free from a Virgin mobile) or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos