Menu
Deej1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DPD Delivery

I received an email from Virgin Mobile on Friday (31/07/2015) informing me that my phone had been repaired and would be delivered back to me on the next 'working day'. I took this to mean today (Monday 3/08/2015) and yet have not received a tracking number from DPD - nor was one included with the email from Virgin Mobile.

Ought I to be expecting a tracking number?

Having taken the morning off, I'm reluctant to extend this to the whole day if I'm unsure of delivery.

Any help...?
0 Kudos
Deej1
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DPD Delivery

To answer my own question - the phone has just been delivered - yes, an email with a tracking number should have been sent.

No harm done in this case, but for others in a similar situation - be wary.

0 Kudos
Deej1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

P.S.

They did, however, send a text message - to my in-transit phone - informing me of delivery times Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DPD are usually very good with deliveries I've had, with email/text for delivery day and then email/text with a one hour slot on the day. Maybe Virgin messed up informing them with your contact details.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Deej1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, my dealings with DPD have always been good. As you say, email and text notifications of delivery are usually sent.

Perhaps anyone who finds themselves in a similar position should get straight on to Virgin for a tracking number, so they can organize any time-off needed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deej1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry about the confusion with your delivery.

I've always had good dealings with DPD too.

I'm glad your phone has arrived safe anyway. Thanks for keeping the community informed, I'm sure others will find this useful.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos