Menu
JH676125
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Customer service

New SIM activated on Christmas day, waited till yesterday morning before reporting issue that it wasn't activated. Agent 1 said oh you need to give it 24 hours so I waited. I rang again yesterday Agent 2 said they would get someone to ring me within the next 24 hours so I waited,. Agent 3 said it has been escalated to technical team and I would get a call - that was over six hours ago. I have been a customer for over ten years but at this rate not much longer. Politeness is all very well but real customer service is about understanding the customers perspective and the agents seem to have total disregard for urgency or solutions. Case no. Is P007688991
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Customer service

If I were you, I would keep an eye on the calendar so that you can cancel your contract within the 'cooling off' period.

Welcome to Virgin "customer service"! Good luck!

I've just spent 34 minutes on the phone being passed from one person to another, only to be told by the last person that what two things that the others had said were not true, that the insurance that I had not asked for was for a phone that I have never had but despite that, it could not be refunded. Then I was told that was not longer talking to customer services and that I couldn't be put back through to them: I would have to phone again.

0 Kudos

All Replies
JH676125
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just made my "daily" call to Customer Service ha, ha!  Spoke to agent 4 who informed me that the previous three agents had given me incorrect info and in fact the SLA for resolution to my issue is 9.00am on 30th December - so that will be 5 days without phone.

My plan profile still says that my SIM will be activated in a few moments!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey JH676125, 

I am so sorry to learn that you’re having issues with the SIM card activation, I would like to take a look at this for you, shortly I will send you a private message just to get some more information. To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
JH676125
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

SLA of 9am today has passed - still no service

0 Kudos
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If I were you, I would keep an eye on the calendar so that you can cancel your contract within the 'cooling off' period.

Welcome to Virgin "customer service"! Good luck!

I've just spent 34 minutes on the phone being passed from one person to another, only to be told by the last person that what two things that the others had said were not true, that the insurance that I had not asked for was for a phone that I have never had but despite that, it could not be refunded. Then I was told that was not longer talking to customer services and that I couldn't be put back through to them: I would have to phone again.

0 Kudos
JH676125
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice Chevrons2.  I think the Trade Descriptions Act also covers me as I have contracted with VM for a service which they have failed to provide.

24 hours past SLA now.  It seems that in addition to failing to grasp the concept of "customer service" the principle of Service level agreements are also beyond them.

0 Kudos
JH676125
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update on this issue - SIM finally became live yesterday pm.  48 hours past SLA and 7 days after "activating".

There seem to be a number of posts regarding 4G issues and as this was a replacement for my 3G SIM (which had worked perfectly for years) I am yet to find out if all the hassle was actually worth it!

Happy new year all!

0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It seems to be a bit hit and miss. In my family one 3G to 4G switch took the best part of 2 weeks with lots of 789 calls being made. The other switched over in less than 10 minutes. Luck of the draw.

0 Kudos