Menu
Bestie24
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Customer service

Sent off my Sony Xperia m4 aqua to be repaired after failing to reboot after backing up phone. I was told this was known manufacture fault and would be repaired or a new phone if couldn't as it was still under warranty. Then I was phoned and a picture sent of a crack so that invalidated the warranty. £66 to be paid or no repair. I was unaware of any crack before it was sent. The phone was always kept in a case and had never been dropped. This story sounds familiar doesn't it. There is a pattern emerging here. After nearly an hour of phone call spoke to mobile technical manager and was told to pay up or no repair would be done. I asked to who can I write a written complaint and was told this was not possible as no such thing exists. This clearly is a lie. As many others it seems damage to the casing that did not exist or so insignificant that the phone owners were unaware of is being using to get money off customers to repair fault that were not in any case the cause of the fault the phone was sent of to repaired. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service

More likely they damage them on opening. I worked in consumer electronics and the people they use have minimal training and no electronics background.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer service

Hi Bestie24

Thanks for taking the time to join our community. I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your repair and can certainly understand the impact it’s had on you as a result. If you wish to raise a complaint we do have out Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice which takes you through the steps involved. 

By all means if there is any questions or any further help I can offer do let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos