Menu
Rebecca19750
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Customer complaint

My mother made a call on her virgin mobile,even though the receiver ended the call her bill said she was on the phone for9 hours ,after calling virgin mobile they had no remorse.she has Parkinson's and her fingers are very shaky.surely this being her first issue after being with virgin for 12 years they would be able to help.i am with virgin also for phone and broadband and am going to think about cancelling.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer complaint

if the phone call as left active then the call was made and as per the contract. no way for VM to know she wasn't talking on the phone for that long.
0 Kudos
Rebecca19750
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For 9 hours!!! They can look back at call history surely . They used to have a £50 call limit on her account,but that's vanished now!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they can look at the history but if she never hung up and the call was active it will show as a active call. They will have no way of telling. a call is a call to the system wether anyone is speaking or not
0 Kudos
Rebecca19750
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When you have been a good customer and this is your first complaint it's not very satisfactory .i am with virgin also so looking to cancel as we are v unhappy with the results.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the past and with a landline, when the recipient hung up, the call was not disconnected. The originator had to hang up to terminate the call. I don't think that's even true of landlines any more but it's definitely not true of mobiles. If either party hangs up, the call is disconnected.

It is possible that an accidental call is made ("pocket dialling") which does not terminate, for example if it goes to voicemail, but it requires an unusual circumstance at both ends of the call which renders it very unlikely, but not impossible.

Are you able to check with the recipient to see if they have a nine-hour call on their own log?

0 Kudos