Menu
Supersonic1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Customer Underwriting Service and Internal Credit Check

I have three mobile numbers with Virgin, my wife one (three accounts in total). We have been with Virgin since 1999.  Two of my numbers contracts are up but I have been told that I can't upgrade or change as I have failed an internal credit check. My wife and I pay be direct debit, have never missed a payment etc. from the same joint account. My wife has the top level of credit apparently, I the worst.  

As instructed I have written to the Customer Underwriting team (twice).  Sadly they chose to respond with a form letter, (both times) ignoring the detail provided in the letters and the request to phone to discuss. They kindly pointed out that I could take my pick of Virgin's pay as you go phones, ignoring totally that I already have contracts on which I am over paying.

I'm not sure when the problem occurred, I moved to a SIM only deal last August and then upgraded to a new phone and contract in November which was seamless. Yet now...

I have been advised that the only option is to terminate my contracts with Virgin, which I will do for the two numbers in my name that our out of contract and the one in my wife's which is out of contract in June.  

I take some solace in the fact that my problem is not unique. 

Virgin, you need to look at your internal systems/credit check as you are losing long term, consistent customers because of this issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Underwriting Service and Internal Credit Check

Hi Supersonic1967,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you've failed our credit check.

It's always frustrating when this happens. I've been through similar scenarios. Out of curiosity, has your wife tried applying in her name? I'm thinking she could take the contracts out in her name. Not ideal but could be a way around this.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Supersonic1967
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, however I believe that do this requires an overly complicated process and, perhaps most importantly of all, it does not answer the question why someone who has paid all his bills on time and in full, had phones for two daughters and himself along with having land line and TV services from Virgin (until they transferred it to Talk to Talk), has suddenly gone from an A+ to C4 credit rating. Even stranger is that in November 14 I ordered an upgrade to my contract and had a new phone without any problems.  I can't fathom what has happened between November 14 and May 15.  Perhaps someone could explain?

0 Kudos
l3ogroll
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wouldn't worry about it mate if she did pass they would of messed up her credit rating for years to come as they are doing to me currently and have been doing since 2012.