Menu
Slim1970
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Customer Service?

Long story short:

Ordered mobile online from Virgin Media webstore, arrived today with a new sim. Contacted to change existing number, on virgin sim only, over to new contract phone. Unable to as the sim card sent is not recognised by virgin. First advisor didn't believe I bought it from the webstore but didn't take my order number or account reference. I was on the phone to her for 40 minutes when she said she would contact EE, who the number may belong to, and then ring me back.....4 hours have passed.

Using my old phone I rang 789 and said I was concerned about the sketchy nature of my new contract and asked to be able to return my phone under the 14 days. I was put on hold for almost 30 minutes.......and then the phone cut off.

I have spoken to 7 advisors in the last 4 hours and still my issue hasn't been resolved with nobody able to authorise, or even advise, on how to proceed. 

I'm unable to arrange a return as my number doesn't exist, even though I have a nice Virgin welcome package, along with a Virgin push out sim card.

I've been a customer for almost 20 years, since the NTL days and have never had any issues.

I now have to find my nearest store and drive there and see if they can help me as I've just lost an entire evening going in circles

Can anyone advise me on what best to do?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service?

Have you tried ringing 789 on the old phone, select "I'm thinking of leaving" and request a PAC. When they try to upgrade you/retain you, tell them you already got your new phone (from Virgin).

Then use the PAC to transfer your old number to your new contract.

0 Kudos
Slim1970
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Service?

Thanks for the reply Smiley Very Happy

I haven't tried that yet but when I was talking to the advisors 2 off them said I need to contact EE for a Pac code as the new number was theirs not Virgins. This where my extreme frustration has come from. I bought my phone from the Virgin Media web site, I digitally signed my Virgin contracts and now apparently I'm locked in with EE. I can't even cancel/return the phone as Virgin are saying it's nothing to do with them and it isn't showing on my account.

I'm about to drive to my nearest Virgin store as at least I can't be put on hold for 30 minutes and then cut off.........but I' m probably going to be told I need to ring 789 and speak to them.

Nothing short of ridiculous.......

0 Kudos