Menu
daveW1964
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Customer Loyalty Discounts

I have 4 mobile accounts with Virgin (foolishly!!).

On my own account i should have a (small) loyalty discount. Month after month this is not applied and month after month i have to ring up to query why it has not been added.

Exactly the same happened with my previous phone 2 years ago and it took over 6 months of monthly phone calls to sort out.

Whilst the discount is only small as I said, the principal of the matter makes me keep ringing back but I am starting to lose the will to live having to spend 40 mins or more on the phone every month, being promised that everything will be sorted this time, It never is.

Anyone else had similar experiences or can give any suggestions.

I am on the verge of just cancelling DDs and letting Virgin chase me for once!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Customer Loyalty Discounts

Hi daveW1964

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

It's really not good to hear about the issues you're having with the discount on your account.

I've sent you a PM so we can take a closer look into this for you - just reply to the PM if you have any questions Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
daveW1964
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mark

what details do you require to look into this issue

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi davew1964,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I can see Mark sent you a link in the PM he sent. Did you click on the link to the form for this?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

daveW1964 wrote:

I have 4 mobile accounts with Virgin (foolishly!!).

On my own account i should have a (small) loyalty discount. Month after month this is not applied and month after month i have to ring up to query why it has not been added.

Exactly the same happened with my previous phone 2 years ago and it took over 6 months of monthly phone calls to sort out.

Whilst the discount is only small as I said, the principal of the matter makes me keep ringing back but I am starting to lose the will to live having to spend 40 mins or more on the phone every month, being promised that everything will be sorted this time, It never is.

Anyone else had similar experiences or can give any suggestions.

I am on the verge of just cancelling DDs and letting Virgin chase me for once!!

Hi daveW1964,

Hope its all sorted for you now?

If not and if you never tried it before give retentions a ring they and explain everything to them. They have loyalty codes that they can put into the system for you to make sure it does not keep happening.

0 Kudos
orinoco27
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My wife and I are both with virgin mobile. We are supposed to get a £10 discount every month (since last October) but it has never been applied. I have spent many hours on the phone trying to get it sorted out. Every month the nincompoops promise me it has been sorted out. This week virgin have told us (again!) That they are going to suspend our accounts if we don't pay the full amount. We are currently looking for a good deal from other providers. 

A discount isn't worth anything if you have to spend hours of valuable time on the phone to them every month.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

orinoco27 wrote:

A discount isn't worth anything if you have to spend hours of valuable time on the phone to them every month.

Now thats an excellent insight right there. If I spend 2 hrs chasing a 10 quid discount, that's a fiver an hour? less than minimum wage?

For your philosophical insight, cracking screen name and using "nincompoop" in its correct context, (a word I feel we too often overlook)  you sir or madam win  +one internets

Unlikely to change for a variety of reasons (mostly accountants>customers) but a good point well made.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi orinoco27,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

So we can get this sorted for you, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
orinoco27
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat
I returned the form you sent a link for but nothing has been sorted out. Today my mobile account has been suspended. Virgin's customer service is absolutely appalling.
I need my phone today, so can you please resolve the issue immediately.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Orinoco27,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that your phone was suspended. I'm afraid I'm unable to unblock this from my side due to data protection.

Is this back up and running for you now?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos