Menu
KCMCR
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Custom Phone Number

I already have a mobile phone number that I know off-by-heart; this is my personal number...

I now need to obtain an easy-to-remember work number and my question is this: can I request for a SIM card which has a personal number?

I literally want to change one digit at the end of the personal number... IE Personal 07******268 and I want the work number to be 07******269.

Is this possible?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Custom Phone Number

Hi KCMCR,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for posting your question here.

We cannot offer specific numbers to customers when requesting a SIM. The numbers are generated randomly from a pool of numbers assigned to Virgin Mobile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Tudor
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your best bet if you want a 'special' number is to firstly find if it is available and if it is which mobile provider has it in their range. You can, if it's not Virgin Mobile, approach the provider and see if you can get it as a PAG number, but expect to pay for a special number. Then after using it for a month get a PAC and transfer to Virgin Mobile. Good luck.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
KCMCR
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both.

How would I go about finding such number? I have sent it a text asking whether the number is valid yet there was no response which suggests it is out of use.

How would I go about finding what network the number is on? I am guessing it's a virgin number as it is identical to mine (primarily a Virgin number) bar one number.
0 Kudos