Menu
Stephprag
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit limit

Just been checking my account and payments etc and I noticed the credit limit. I have a credit limit of £50.00 but I have no idea what this means. Please can someone help?! 

Also how many payments do you have to make to upgrade my sim only contract and add a mobile?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit limit

Hi Stephprag,

your £50.00 credit limit is just that.

It is the maximum amount of credit Virgin Mobile will extend to you on your monthly bill.

I.E. Suppose you used up your mobile data allowance within the first couple of days but then continued accessing mobile data each day. You would be charged £2 per day for this use. 
After 25 days you would have used (be in debt) to the tune of £50.00 and Virgin would cap it at that.

There is no set number of SIM only payments you can make which can guarantee you a phone contract.

The handset agreement is an interest free loan or credit agreement that is taken out over the period. As the agreement is a loan agreement then a credit check would have to be ran in line with the FCA guidelines.

Unfortunately loyalty/history with Virgin isn't the consideration as it’s your external credit file that would decide if you could pass for a loan or not.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Stephprag
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah okay thank you for clarifying that for me.

Ah I see, it's just everyone I've spoken to about it said there was like a certain amount of payments you had to pay on time?

Thank you
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sadly no, but also Virgin set a higher standard to pass the credit check than most mobile providers due the fraudulent activity in the past ( not by you but in general Smiley Happy )
0 Kudos