Menu
FaNtKa
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Credit check sim-only monthly plan

Hello,
I relocated to UK last month and I'm actually working and living there. I would like to apply for a sim-only mobile plan with a 1-month rolling contract (6GB - £12).

Will I have some issue with the credit check phase?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Credit check sim-only monthly plan

A credit check is still performed for a Pay monthly SIM only deal, but with no equipment included, lower line rentals and shorter contract lengths, the networks are generally more lenient.

Whilst no guarantees can be given, your application would be more likely to be accepted for a Pay monthly SIM only deal than a Pay monthly handset contract.

With regards to a negative effect on your credit history I don't believe this would be likely.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is very difficult to know.  It depends whether you have any other financial services in the UK that would have started to build you up a credit history.  This would certainly help.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
FaNtKa
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Which kind of financial services are you talking about? Can you give me some examples?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A UK bank account, credit card, mortgage, loan or other financial product from a UK bank or building society.

-

FaNtKa
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I just relocated, so I have a UK bank account only.
Do you think that it's not enough to apply for a sim-only 1-month rolling contract?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is hard to tell.  You will only really know when you try.  Having a UK bank account is a start and will certainly help you.

-

FaNtKa
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In case of refusal, will I be marked with a negative credit history?
The safer option is to go for a PAYGO plan maybe, but it's less convenient.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A credit check is still performed for a Pay monthly SIM only deal, but with no equipment included, lower line rentals and shorter contract lengths, the networks are generally more lenient.

Whilst no guarantees can be given, your application would be more likely to be accepted for a Pay monthly SIM only deal than a Pay monthly handset contract.

With regards to a negative effect on your credit history I don't believe this would be likely.

-

0 Kudos
FaNtKa
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all these information, I will go for the monthly plan hoping that everything will be fine.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please come back and let us know how you get on after placing your order.

-

0 Kudos