Menu
Leechy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit check fail

I have been a virgin mobile/TV/broadband customer for years, today I tried to upgrade mine, my wife's and my sons phone as the contracts are nearly up and they say I have failed the credit check which I don't understand. I have been told I need to write a letter to the underwriters! I was wondering if there is a email address as I would like to try and resolve this issue as soon as possible before I consider cancelling my media and mobile provider. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit check fail

Basically, you are wasting your time...

Do a search in this forum for 'failed credit check' and see the horror unfold before your eyes.

VM do not do an external credit check, despite saying they do. I failed a 'credit check' (with a score of 950!!) and yet checked with both Experian and Equifax, and NEITHER said any request for a check had been made, so it's all a load of BULLPOO!!

Yet, according to VM I had failed an external credit check!!

Went into O2, walked out 15 mins later, credit approved over the phone, got 2 nice shiny new phones...No problem!!

VM are not interested, do not care, and are not bothered. They just couldn't care less.

Go elsewhere, and save yourself a lot of hassle and aggravation and wasted time. (you will wait MONTHS for a reply from these 'underwriters;. they ignore you for as long as possible then bullpoo you as well!!)

Plymouthphil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree , I did the same many months ago now very happy with O2 and now have 4g.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leechy,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties upgrading your phones with us due to the credit check result.

I've sent you a private message with more information on this. Please check the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos