Menu
Hippychick68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Credit check fail

I have been Virgin customer for over 10 years, which includes TV, Broadband, land line and 3 mobile contracts. Call to upgrade one of my mobiles when I was informed that I  failed the credit check. I must admit I was a little upset by this and told operator I was now thinking of cancelling all my services and he asked "would you like me to do that for you now?"

So much for customer service,  Then to add insult to injury I received a text asking me to refer a friend!

0 Kudos
AlexTia
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit check fail

Same for me as well. Been a virgin media customer for over 10 years , top tier broadband, tv and phone. Turned down for a samsung s5 but offered a rubbish £11pm LG something or other without the free tablet. I dont qualify for something that is free with the phone. Laughable!!

Plus 9 months of broadband problems into the bargain! Joke company. Sorry for hijacking thread hippychick

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you can fail the credit check if you have perfect rating but have alot of credit already. It can inpact the amount your paying even if upto date and on time. And why are you upset that customer services ask you if you would like to do what you said you wanted to do.

If you can;t want to cancel dont make empty threats. More companies should do that it would stop people threating to leave when they are happy to get better treatment. That is why peoples prices go up cost the same to supply but they are making less giving in to threats so we all get price hikes.

0 Kudos
AlexTia
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Overcommitted is the phrase you were basically looking for then?

Ok , here goes mine. Paying £130 quid a month to VM , yes its a lot. Top broadband , TV pack with Sky Sports HD on 2 tivo boxes etc. Rang up to cancel Sports pack , saving me over £40 pm. Not a problem so far. Thought i would go for the £24pm Samsung s5 (with free tablet) for my son for xmas. So in theory im still saving £16 odd quid a month. Asked operator to switch me over to V-Mobile and she did. Great so far, or so i thought. This is where it gets interesting...

Asked V-Mobile operator to sign me up for the S5 , so she came back saying i had an outstanding balance of £39 to pay. I asked why? She said she didnt know. I looked it up online through the VM website and it said i was in £39 credit. Basically for the Sports just being cancelled. She bounced me over to VM Bills Dept and they confirmed this. So i got bounced back to V-Mobile again, told the operater this (a diff one) and he said that was ok. So he took my details (password, d.o.b etc) and then told me my account with V-Mobile was suspended! Erm, ive never had a phone with V-Mobile!

Now this is where it gets laughable. He said i owed £15 quid for a sim card that was sent out to me 3 months ago. I told him i received a free sim card as part of a landline deal i had got through V-Media and the guy told me it was completely free. He said there was Direct Debit payments missed. I had NEVER set up a direct debit nor signed or agreed to any contract with V-Mobile on this sim card.

I havent even used the sim card either, it was still in packet. He told me to phone back in morning to the retentions dept (during my time in work) , i agreed.

I rang yesterday morning and a nice Geordie bloke apologised for the error and wiped the £15 pound out and cancelled any supposed contract with V-Mobile. He then asked me did i want to still aplly for a s5 , i said yes and he bounced me over to the V-Mobile sales team. Great i thought, finally.

I then was told i didnt qualify for a s5 because of some tier rubbish , even though i had just saved £40 quid on the sky sports pack!

He told me that i did qualify for a LG Spirit with no free tablet. When i asked why, he said i wasnt on the right tier. A complete joke!

To make things more laughable, they had the wrong name for me and the wrong details, which took 20 mins to fix! haha

Sorry for the long post. This company has went to the dogs, completely. I wont leave because i like there broadband, 200mb Smiley Happy

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexTia and Hippychick68,

I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the phones you wanted. This isn't something that we like to see on our side.

I'm afraid there's nothing that I can do on our side to amend this as the credit check is processed automatically. Please let me know if you have any further questions relating to this. I'll be more than happy to do my best to answer them.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos