Menu
MrsLAdams
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Credit check fail. Hell?

Well that is 2 days of my life that I will not get back, and one of the worst customer experiences of my life!!!!!!!

It started off when I applied online for a 12 month sim only contract. I got 2 e-mails in short succession one thanking me for applying, the other saying I would be contacted within the next 48hrs for some more information regarding a credit check. This call never came, so I phoned back and this is where 2days of my life have been lost.

The first person I spoke to I could hardly hear as there was a party going on in the call center and was reliably informed one was dressed as a princess and another as a cupcake. He told me I could not apply online and would need to go to the store and hung up.

So I phoned straight back and got someone different who explained I had failed my credit check. I thought this was strange and so contacted Experian who informed my credit score was excellent and they could not understand why I had been refused and to call virgin back and ask them to do a manual check.

Since then it has gone on and I have spoken to numerous call center staff trying to resolve this. Some were unaware that on the website you could apply for a sim only contract as a non virgin media customer. Others told me to get one via my sons account. And have been told we will call you back in 48hrs I don't know how many times

It resulted in them checking my credit score numerous times which has made my credit rating worse!!!!

I even resorted to going to the local virgin media shop in Derby but they could not help and said they should not have run so many credit checks as it will result in me being blocked every time now!!!

Looking at the forum I am not the only person to have fallen foul of this!!

Please can some one help resolve this matter

Lostthewill99
Joining in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit check fail. Hell?

If you look at the forum this is not the first post I have seen on this.

your best bet is to forget Virgin mobile and go with one of the other providers, because thier customer care is not great. 

0 Kudos
spotify95
Superfast
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Looks like this is to do with the new "Freestyle" type contracts. This is an utter joke - and no you're not the first to complain. You're also probably not going to be the last either.

My advice: Leave Virgin and go with someone who cares about their customers.

0 Kudos
MrsLAdams
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks spotify95 I think that is the conclusion I have come to. All I wanted was a SIM as I have already got a phone
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsLAdams,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm really sorry about this, I want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps for this. You can view this by clicking the little red envelope at the top of the screen.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
spotify95
Superfast
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

MrsLAdams wrote:
Thanks spotify95 I think that is the conclusion I have come to. All I wanted was a SIM as I have already got a phone

In that case you are better off going SIM ONLY with another provider, say EE or Three. EE can do U/L calls, texts and 5GB data for £22 per month (there are lower tariffs available) and Three can do unlimited everything for £25 per month (4GB Tetherable). Again, they also do lower tariffs if you don't need unlimited data. Both also do 4G services.

My advice would be to go with Three, unless you are in the 2% of population that cannot get any 3G signals. EE have a 2G backup but 2G really isn't fit for purpose.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
MrsLAdams
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Matt H 

thanks for coming back to me but I have manged to get a speedier response from the guys and girls on your Twitter and someone is looking into it

0 Kudos
MrsLAdams
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks spotify I will probably go with ee as they have the better network coverage for my area 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me MrsLAdams,

Glad to hear one of our team is on the case.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
spotify95
Superfast
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

MrsLAdams wrote:

Thanks spotify I will probably go with ee as they have the better network coverage for my area 

No problem - and yeah I think going with EE is the better idea Smiley Happy

0 Kudos