Menu
Charlie1405
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Credit agreement

Hi I am posting on behalf of my mum who is 67 and not sure how to post to this forum.

She was called up my virgin to see if she would like a contact mobile all went well and she got her phone etc. However a few month down the line she smashed the screen so called up and requested a new one via her insurence.

She was told she did not ask for insurence which I feel it a bit of a joke as it should have been offered when buying the phone to begin with. My mum assumed she automatically got it as she was offered it and would have accepted it if asked.

She has been with virgin media for over 15 years and has never came across a problem until now. She was told to send the phone back and they would fix it for her and she would have to make the laymen on the handset. Which she did. 

She received a call saying she would need to pay an additional £350 for the screen to be fixed which she couldn't afford or seemed right. She is still currently paying for a handset which she does not have due to the credit agreement and her sim and has never missed a payment or been late with it. Surely VM could offer her an additional handset at a cheaper cost? 

I feel my mum was let down by the sales team by not offering insurence and also by the credit agreement team about the £350 or not an alternative option. 

Has anyone else came across thisor know anything that would help? 

Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit agreement

Hi Charlie1405,

have you looked into any household insurance that your mother may have?

Damage to items such as mobile phones may be included.

Just an idea Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also, depending on the model £350 is way over the top for a replacement screen.

Many places do them - even Timpsons have got in on the act.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sadly your mum is not an isolated customer they are posts on here almost every week with a similar sad story

0 Kudos