Menu
MartinHawkins
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Credit Check Fail despite excellent score.

Having my broadband, TV and phone package with Virgin it made sense to switch my mobile to the network in 2013 and I am well past the time for an upgrade.

Having had an agent just disappear on the phone I then decided to drive to the nearest Virgin shop and was surprised to fail the credit check. This however highlighted an issue with Equifax and this has now been resolved. I have a screen print of the score and its now showing as being in the "excellent" section on Equifax.

I then waited 1 week before again making the hour drive to the shop in Dundee again to be told I had failed the check. I have subsequently tried calling and ordering over the phone, yet another fail. How do I resolve this or should I just give up and move to another network?

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Check Fail despite excellent score.

If there was an error on your credit report and it has now been corrected, although it may show as such on your Equifax report. This does not mean other credit reference agencies have the corrected information too.

There are several agencies lenders use, not necessarily Equifax. It may take up to 30 days for the corrected information to show on all agencies databases.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Credit Check Fail despite excellent score.

Virgin don't appear to use Equifax, or anyone else for that matter, going on failed credit check posts on here.

0 Kudos