Menu
chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Crave Exclusives

When the contact started on one of my phones, one of the confirmation emails mentioned 'Crave Exclusives' and suggested that I 'Reap the rewards'. I emailed Virgin asking for information about this. (This was when you could email Virgin!). I received two confirmation emails, the second one saying that Virgin would endeavour to get back to me as soon as possible. It's only now, two years later, (while looking for something else), that I realise that they never got back to me. Just like then, I still can't find any reference to it on the Virgin website.

Now that the contract is at an end, (and I find that I am having to continue to pay a higher monthly charge than I was told would be the case,... but that's a separate issue!), I just wonder if anyone can tell me what these 'Crave Exclusives' are and how I can 'reap the rewards' that were apparently offered as part of my contract. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crave Exclusives

Hi chevrons2,

just out of curiosity I had a look (from February 2008):

Crave rewards people for simply being a Virgin Mobile customer. Rewards are not all spend related and can be obtained by registering your details with Virgin Mobile Crave - which is absolutely free to do.

The new scheme is open to the whole existing customer base as well as all new Virgin Mobile subscribers, so everyone can get involved.

The Crave Exclusives programme, offers customers of Virgin Mobile unique benefits that are grouped into four lifestyle themes.

Available immediately from launch are discounts on fantastic high-profile brands including TONI & GUY, La Senza, Lovefilm.com, GAME Online, Virgin Holidays and Halfords.

Customers can access the rewards through their personal online portal at www.virginmobile.co.uk and all offers will be refreshed regularly to ensure that they're kept relevant, up to date and appealing.

As part of Virgin Mobile's corporate social investment programme, we'll even trade-in old handsets that customers no longer need. This is for any handset on any network. Customers can trade-in for either additional airtime (up to £100), a charity donation to Kids Co & Foyer or a combination of the two. And what's more every charity donation made by a customer will be matched by Virgin Mobile up to £100k!

Graeme Oxby, Managing Director, Virgin Mobile said: "Crave shows just how much Virgin Mobile values its customers. We're offering a range of uncomplicated free offers and discounts as a way of saying thank you. We're doing more to recognise customer loyalty than ever before and we believe that Crave will further enhance our reputation for giving the best customer service in the industry".

I've been with Virgin Mobile since before this time but never received any "Crave rewards" Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

chevrons2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid.

I've been with Virgin since the late 1990s, so, like you, I must have accumulated loads of Crave rewards by now and look forward to Virgin giving me the good news!

As I mentioned, even in January 2015, when Virgin told me, (as part of my contract confirmation), that I could "Reap the Rewards" of "Crave Exclusives", I have not been able to find anything on their website.    Has anyone ever seen any information stating that "Crave" has been terminated or replaced?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

couldn't find anything officially on their website about crave for the uk. internet archive prior to 2016 has been erased. only found five mentions of it on the net. Did find a brochure which mentions crave: this dates back to 2008 too though.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/media/pdf/lowdown_catalogue.pdf

i think you and chevrons are out of luck in claiming any back rewards. a couple of the companies don't exist anymore for starters. tbh the lack of any info after 2009 says to me that it was pulled early on.

edit: using a different search engine that isn't google. a post comes up from last year on here. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/Email-to-Theteam-virginmobile-crav...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chevrons2,

The Crave rewards are firstly only open to PAYG customers, the reward itself it calculated on how much you spend rather than how much you top up. In a rolling 24 months period, £10.00 Crave allowance is accrued for every £100.00 you spend, this can increase or decrease depending on how much you spend on a month to month basis, Crave is only calculated on how much calls, texts, data and downloads are used. This information is also available within the T&C’s.

I can have a look at your account for you if you like to check to see if any Crave allowance is present? To do this I will need to request some further information, I will send you a private message to gather this from you directly if that is ok?

To pick my message up, please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page.

I look forward to chatting to you soon,

Kelly

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jamesofmerton

If you would like, I can also have a look at your account for any allowances present, again to do this I will have to send you a private message just to gather some account information if this is ok? 

To pick the message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos