Menu
markhopkinsfox
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cracked my screen on the Sony Z2 - no idea what to do next?

Hi Guys, I have a Sony z2 on contract with VM - it has a year-ish left. I have a hair line crack on the screen that has made half the phone unusable. 

I think I have insurance on it. But is it worth claiming for damage? or is there any options out there that can help? 

Really peeved with it all. 

=(

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cracked my screen on the Sony Z2 - no idea what to do next?

I believe there is an excess of at least £75.00 (plus the possibilty of complications/delays in getting it sorted).

You have option of sorting it yourself - they are from about £30.00 on Ebay for self install but unless you are a bit techy yourself you may need a bit of a hand.

I think if you do your own repair there may be implications with your insurance cover being affected in the future so I would check that out before going down that road.

Just noticed that the phone is now actually unusable - you need to be sure that a 'simple' screen replacement will be an adequate fix (mobile phone shop/ techy friend).

Good luck with it

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cracked my screen on the Sony Z2 - no idea what to do next?

Hi Markhopkinsfox,

Welcome to the forums.

Really sorry to hear about your phone Smiley Sad

Other than insurance, you can also give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we can look into going through the repair process on the phone.

Give us a call and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos