Menu
Stevenrw
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Coverage Poor - Any prospect of Improvement

Coverage in my local area is very poor/non existent. I realise VM use the EE network and according to the EE website coverage in my area of Surrey is "fair". However, if you look at the OFCOM wesite there is a huge black hole around my stamping ground. (Check postcode SM7 2NB) - so EE have been a tad economic with the truth.

Trouble is I like the VM packages and I really don't want to jump ship. The new 4G deals with data rollover is an excellent deal, but if I can't get a signal its all a bit academic.

Does anybody know where I can find out if there are plans to improve the coverage in any given area anytime soon? I know the gov. is putting pressure on network providers to improve things but that will likely not yield very much in our lifetimes. VM will just repeat the same stuff as all the providers "we are working hard to improve our services" "your business is very important to us" etc etc blah blah but the agents really have no info.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Coverage Poor - Any prospect of Improvement

Well EE claim that 4G coverage is good.

I doubt if anyone can give the information you require, certainly not Virgin. 

EE should do well seeing they own nearly half the airways, but that is not always the case

0 Kudos
Stevenrw
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In fact on their own coverage checker they say Low or moderate (difficult to differentiate between the shades of pink), but the OFCOM map reflects what actually exists. In fact they have no data at all for that postcode I had to put in another local one and move across the map manually. OK outside, nothing Indoor. In fact if I stand in Banstead High St I get nothing anywhere!

O2 has super coverage but I don't want to switch.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are right its not virgins fault they take EEs service which is one of the best, you may want to talk to neighbours to see if they have similar issues & get together and put pressure in the right direction to get better reception in your area
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Stevenrw, 

I am sorry see that you’re having signal issues in your home area. The only thing I can say about EE adding more masts to the area would be that they would only do something like this if there was enough demand. 

If enough people from that post code area who are being affected by the low signal contacted EE they would look at switching on a mast or putting one there, although there’s never a guarantee with that. 

I am sorry it’s not better news, however I would say that the Ofcom check will tell you who has the best service in your area. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos