Menu
Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could a Virgin advisor please read this.

Please can a virgin advisor please help, as after speaking to the phone advisors i actually feel like im having a tech breakdown.
it all started on the 14th when we renewed sons phone for a samsung j3 on a 4g plan. phone arrived we placed sim in and activated the sim. 24 hours later and still we couldn't get mobile data to work, all other services..text,calls and wifi work fine.
rang 789 and they sent some configuration messages through and we gave it a day or two and still no mobile data. I understand sons refresh date is 5th Dec so actual 4g services won't start until then, the advisor confirmed that even so we should still be getting our normal 3g mobile data until the 5th.
Rang again a few days later to tell them still no mobile data working,the chap sent some more configuration messages through..and then told us if it doesn't work then we may have to send the new phone back as apprently must be a fault on the phone.
Today I've rang again in the hope someone will go through the phone settings with us and try and figure out what's going on..spoke to a lady who's insisting we won't get any mobile data..not even 3g data as she says it's a 4g sim card and 3g wont work with a 4g sim ,( she must think im a total numpty ,as i thought if u cant get 4g signal it reverts to 3g)so she said we will have to wait until the 5th December refresh data then the mobile data will start working on 4g .
explained to her if this is the case then why when my second son also got a Samsung j3 and new 4g sim card and we activated it ,even a week before refresh date to 4g..he was able to use his normal 3g data in the new phone..with the 4g sim card.
when I got this point across she then said she will raise a complaint on my behalf, and then back tracked on what she first said and went onto to tell me they are doing patches or something on the 4g so some people may be having problems.
then went onto to say I will make sure the data you have left is rolled over..yep that's part of the 4g plan anyway.
Someone please advice me..which of the story's I've been told is correct ? . Do I just have to wait for the 5th to see if my mobile data starts working on refresh date and should I still be able to get my normal 3g mobile data that I have on the plan ?
Now going to hide in a dark room..with no technology 😣
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Could a Virgin advisor please read this.

Hi Acb14, 

Terribly sorry to see you are experiencing trouble with the mobile data on your Son's phone since you have upgraded and sorry for experience you have had when speaking to members of our team. 

You should absolutely be getting you old allowances and mobile data on the 3G service right up until your refresh date where 4G and your new allowances will take over. 

I have been able to locate the account in question and have refreshed your mobile data service as there appeared to be a slight problem with our systems reading one of the settings in the phone, the Access Point Name to be exact. Can you please reboot the phone and try the mobile data service again please. 

If this remains a problem please get back in touch with me and I will get to the bottom of this for you. 

Thanks 

Mike 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Acb14, 

Glad to be of assistance and sorry this was not tried sooner.  I will try and feed this back in where possible to improve the experience for others so thanks for letting me know that it resolved the problem. 

Thanks 

Mike 

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Acb14, 

Terribly sorry to see you are experiencing trouble with the mobile data on your Son's phone since you have upgraded and sorry for experience you have had when speaking to members of our team. 

You should absolutely be getting you old allowances and mobile data on the 3G service right up until your refresh date where 4G and your new allowances will take over. 

I have been able to locate the account in question and have refreshed your mobile data service as there appeared to be a slight problem with our systems reading one of the settings in the phone, the Access Point Name to be exact. Can you please reboot the phone and try the mobile data service again please. 

If this remains a problem please get back in touch with me and I will get to the bottom of this for you. 

Thanks 

Mike 

Acb14
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, Thankyou so much for the effort you've put in to help us. I can happily report that Mobile data is now working. Now got one happy son lol. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Acb14, 

Glad to be of assistance and sorry this was not tried sooner.  I will try and feed this back in where possible to improve the experience for others so thanks for letting me know that it resolved the problem. 

Thanks 

Mike