Menu
cfipro
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cost of roaming data abroad STILL EXPENSIVE with VM

I quote:

"Data charges slashed as mobile roaming costs cut across EU

Using your mobile abroad in the European Union becomes cheaper from 01/07/2014, whether you're making or receiving calls, sending texts or using the web."

WHY buying a travel pass with virgin media mobile: eg 250mb remains at £20 valid for a month(used to last for 3 months!)...

When can WE expect a larger pack (500mb or more for £20) or cheaper deal 250mb for £10....??????????????????

THANKS

0 Kudos
cfipro
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cost of roaming data abroad STILL EXPENSIVE with VM

Still NO comments on this ????

Travel Pass's prices should have been "slashed" from 1st of July !

Why do we still pay same price for the tiny 250mb at £20 !!!

Other VM mobile customers are not bothered  ?????????????? ... well I am

Thanks to let me know when prices will be reviewed !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi cfipro

Thanks for getting in touch about our roaming data passes Smiley Happy

I can confirm we have reduced the cost of the EU data passes in the last 30 days and they are now priced as follows:

10MB EU Data Pass: £1.50 (previously £3)
50MB EU Data Pass: £6 (new)
250MB EU Data Pass: £20 (previously £30).

You can get more information about using your phone abroad, along with how to order the data passes on our Roaming Page.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
sutt359
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are Virgin going to come in line with other networks so you can use your own package abroad for £2 a day? Or are you holding out until the EU change it?
0 Kudos
abouc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I echo this, data roaming prices on Virgin are excessive. Vodafone have £2 per day for calls text and data. EE have something for calls and texts for £2 a day. £20 for 250MB is ridiculous...

0 Kudos
cfipro
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark_Y...

FALSE

WHAT do you mean "previously", is it when VM launched Travel Pass? (2010/2011) it was even a lot dearer that the £30 you say it was then !!! so yes, in a way, prices have decreased in time, BUT

....few months back I bought a travel pass (May),  and I CONFIRM, I paid £20 for 250mb/3months...this was therefore before the new EU regulation. This is THE prove:

"Jetting off to the EU?

Instead of paying for each megabyte you use, you just buy a 3 month pass for either 5MB, 10MB, 25MB or 100MB, then get online straight away.
You can grab a 10MB pass for £3, a 25MB pass for £5, a 100MB pass for £10 or a 250MB pass for £20.

Each of our passes will last for 3 months and are available to all our Pay As You Go and Pay Monthly customers.When you try and use data when roaming in the EU you will be invited to buy a pass by sending a text.

To buy a pass, just text BUY plus the name of the pass you'd like to 23456. So, if you'd like a 3 month 10MB pass, text BUY 10MB to 23456.

Our passes start straight away, so just buy one when you're ready to use it.

You can also check how much of your pass you’ve got left as you go along. Just text STATUS to 23456

Our passes can be used from within the European Union, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Switzerland."

YES, the 10mb and new 50mb are cheaper....NOT the 250mb deal.

0 Kudos
cfipro
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The 250mb must be by far and without any doubt the most popular travel pass seller (what can you do with 10/50mb on smartphone now??!)....

Is this why the price stayed the same ?

lol
0 Kudos
abouc
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Funnily enough, whilst on the topic, O2 have just announced £1.99 unlimited EU data roaming....

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/30191/o2-travel-now-offering-data-roaming-for-199-per-day...

Hopefully Virgin will follow

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone

I can confirm the 250MB data pass was previously £30.

The opportunity to take your home tariff with you for a flat daily fee would certainly be a great option for a lot of our customers. While there's no immediate plans to launch such an package, keep an eye on our Customer News page to be the first to know if we do.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When you buy these data packages when going abroad ,   Do you end up getting data roaming charges if you run out of say your 50mb pass ?

It is just that I hear that it is dangerous to have roaming data turned on when abroad as you can end up with a gigantic phone bill 

0 Kudos