Menu
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Contract renewal

My contract is up in April so I'm eligible for an "early upgrade" naturally I've been looking around, but having spoken to "retentions" it seems that there is nothing for me, in fact the woman I spoke to was sooooo feeble (are retentions no longer UK based, you used to be able to have a you know conversation with them, rather than reading a script!) that I felt like cancelling there and then.

There are no phones that I want because they're all far more expensive than you can buy, I have no need of a "free tablet" the sim only deals are very poor value now, no 4G even with the £5 discount (£60 a year big whoop) that its time to vote with my feet,

It seems to me that VM have simply got bored with the triple play idea, it seems that the mobile side of the company is withering on the vine.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract renewal

HI Meterological,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that no phone took your fancy with us. Is there any particular handset that you would like that we don't provide?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I currently use a Motorola Moto G, it has 4G capability that is wasted with VM of course, I'd definitely consider it but its so cheap to buy the 3rd Gen phone, and VM would add a hefty markup onto the cost of the phone, making the "deal" too expensive.

I'm more disappointed about the really weak Sim only options, no unlimited data anymore (and of course no 4G) and yet you charge more than other "Virtual Networks" who errrr DO have 4G and unlimited data plans!

I honestly get the impression that VM no longer care about mobile, the recent statements by the CEO that he welcomes another merger, thereby diluting competition & consumer choice shows this, fewer rivals = higher prices, this is borne out by the poor offering at the moment.

Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This article says it all to me, in particular the Value for Money 2/5

is virgin mobile any good

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can assure you we really do care about our customers. We would love to keep you on board with us. I really hope that a phone that takes your fancy comes into our selection soon.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I refer you to 2 out of 5.

Chances of me staying, think Aston Villa and staying up, about the same.

0 Kudos
beatlepaul
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Meterlogical
I was told that virgin mobile and virgin media are not linked as the same company any more.
I know what you mean I counted 28 iphones at around 40 quid a month for the phone only.
they told me after 5 years I cant upgrade as my credit is poor.
0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

14 Days until I give my 30 days notice to VM, I wonder if they'll get 4G in time to save my two contracts?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Meteoroligcal,

I'm sorry to say that 4G won't be available on our network within the next month Smiley Sad Is there anything we can do to keep you on board?

We would hate to lose you as a customer.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I really don't think so Mat, I'd rather not have the hassle of moving, but the VFM is really poor now, there's no benefit to staying.

Virgin Mobile is in a massively competitive market, but with your prices you've stopped competing.

0 Kudos