Menu
Sash100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract renewal and contradictory information

It is coming up to time for me to renew my contract so I called 789 and was put through to an English call centre. Talked about renewal and any loyalty discounts as I have been a customer for many years. I was told there would be a slight discount but not as much as previously.

Went on to Virgin site and chose a phone then called 789 again to order new phone but this time was put through to far east call centre. First, due to the accent, it was very difficult to understand what was being said by the operative who claimed her name was Janice. Why an English name for someone who is very definitely not English? Then I was told I have to pay exactly the same as someone who is just starting with Virgin, i.e. no loyalty discount despite what I had been told previously. Furthermore, despite being a customer for many years and always paying my bills on time through direct debit, they wanted to do a credit check which has never been asked for before on renewal.

What on earth is going on? Have I suddenly become financially untrustworthy? Are Virgin no longer interested in retaining customers? If Virgin are not interested in keeping my custom why should I renew with Virgin? Why should I stay with a company who insult me by suddenly demanding a credit check? There are plenty of alternatives who will be very happy to have my custom.

Virgin really need to sort out their customer services, get rid of the robots from the far east (they always sound like they are reading from a script) and use only call centres in the countries concerned. Virgin also need to decide if they are interested in retaining customers, after all, it is proven that it costs a company four times as much to obtain a new customer as it does to retain a current one.

Over to you Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract renewal and contradictory information

Hi Sash100,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry about the contradictory information you've been given.

I'm afraid I can't comment on many of the things you've mentioned. I know the credit check is required as part of our new freestyle contracts.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Talon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract renewal and contradictory information

This contradictory info really doesn't surprise me. I have two virgin mobile phones on my account , me and my daughter, and my issue is the lack of 4g. I got a little ways before either phone is up for renewal but though I would check on how things regarding 4g are going so recently called in to my local virgin store to ask the question. I asked 1 assistant who told me 4 g would be available later in the year to which another assistant who was passing by said "no" that wasn't the case and it wouldn't be happening for the foreseeable future. Who do you believe !!!!!!! 

0 Kudos