Menu
cheryl2102
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contract phone will not work aborad

My mother has been on contract with Virgin for 6years and ever since she switched from PAYG to pay monthly she has never been able to use her phone(s) abroad.  

She is currently in Malta with again no signal only thing is she is now in hospital and being able to use her phone has become more of a necessity rather than a luxury.

everytime she calls Virgin before she leaves to ensure she will be able to use her phone and everytime she gets on holiday ....nothing the phone does not find the network.

This time she even went into the local store and they said everything was set up on both the billing and the technical side...  I think the service is shocking I have never had a problem with my Vodafone mobile so why should VM find it so hard to make a number work abroad.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract phone will not work aborad

It difficult to pin this down, I take it you are with your mum? If so check international roaming is set on the phone, then switch off and on, go into settings and networks do a manual network selection, if it finds a local network select that and see it it works then. If your mum has set up a Virgin Web account have a look and see if it shows that roaming is active

0 Kudos
cheryl2102
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I am not with her but will get her to check, when I can get a message to her...the bmp shop checked her settings before she left but  it's the same thing year in year out...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cheryl2102,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that your mother is unable to use her mobile while abroad in Malta. 

In order for me to look into this, I'll need to take more details from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos