Menu
trevormc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Contract Finished

Well my contract has ended now. I was promised 2 years ago that 4G was launching soon but still no 4G so I have joined Three after reading about their 'Feel At Home' free roaming data.

Just wondering if I need to notify Virgin mobile to cancel my old number. The wife and kids have phones on my account but I have a new number on my new sim only deal.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract Finished

If you are on any sort of contract then you will have to give notice to cancel even if your term is up, otherwise they will keep on charging on a 30 day rolling basis.

If you want to keep your Virgin number and put it on Three, then you need to request a PAC code from Virgin and give it to Three. You contract with Virgin will end as soon as the number is transferred.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Further to enli's answer - when you phone to cancel your contract, try to record the call. If you have two other phones with Virgin, you may end up with all of them cancelled, or the wrong one. Recording the call will give you some protection when the brown smelly stuff hits the fan.

Or it may all go perfectly well, in which case let us know. We only see the bad news stories on here...

0 Kudos
trevormc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your replies

I just called them and gave them 30 days notice. I also told them that my wife,son and daughter are on my account and he noted it. He asked me why I chose Three so I told him that I felt that I was lied to by them when they told me that 4G was due to 'launch in weeks' and he admitted that 4G is a long way off with Virgin. He also asked me if I was taking my number with be but I am taking the number that came with the Three sim card. My sim deal with Three is on a 12 month contract so I will see if Virgin have anything to offer next year including 4G but I doubt it.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

trevormc

What phone are you using with 3?

0 Kudos
trevormc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Galaxy S5
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

trevormc wrote:
Samsung Galaxy S5

Make sure you add Three InTouch to your apps to give you Voice over Wifi. Nice when you have wifi and nothing else. 

I have an S5 and have flashed Three's firmware which has now opened up their Voice over 4G (Supervoice) service for extra voice coverage.

0 Kudos
trevormc
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have done and Ive installed the My 3 app. Thanks for the info anyway enlli
0 Kudos