Menu
Mark247365
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Continuous fault VM wont approve upgrade

After continuing issues with my Nokia Lumia 630 - it sends duplicated texts, sometimes will not allow letters to be typed during texting, constantly drops out of websites during searches, will freeze showing 'loading' message and will freeze showing 'resuming' message - Virgin will not let me upgrade early!

My contract ends June 2016 and my next monthly payment will be taken appx February 8th. I have been told I have to wait until early April to upgrade, but as I have reporting issues to Virgin since early 2015, I dont see why I am having to pay a monthly fee for a duff phone and not be able to upgrade now without penalty!

Our household has Virgin Broadband, TV and Landline services and have done for a long time. As this phone has been a poor product giving me continuous issues, I would have hoped that if Virgin valued my/our continued custom, they would have approved an early upgrade now - not happy!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous fault VM wont approve upgrade

Hi Mark247365,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm afraid we're not unable to offer upgrades if there is a faulty phone. I want to get this all sorted for you. Can you let me know if the phone has been sent for repair?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Mark247365
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat and thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry, but there's no point sending the phone off for repair as my girlfriend had a Nokia Lumia 625 (the model before mine) and she had the same issues, so this is obviously a software issue that affects the Lumias. She had had enough via her provider (O2) and recently got upgraded. But as my contract is available for early renewal on appx April 9th, what would be the point in sending it off now - Virgin has known about my issues for a long time!!

The numerous issues have been mentioned to Virgin during last year and along with a number of factory resets plus attempts by in-store staff to correct problems, they have not solved anything. I have written to Virgin, phoned on numerous occasions, visited stores in Mcr and Bedford and recently placed the ad on this forum. As far as i am concerned, this has been ignored and i dont see why should I go without a phone when I have had so many issues - I should have been offered an upgrade a while back to compensate me for all the hassle I have had with my phone!

I will weigh-up what Virgin is offering at the start of April as my firm intention is to replace the piece of rubbish i am paying Virgin for, with a RELIABLE Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I will be wanting no more than 1GB data, along with Unlimited texts and between 600 to 800 minutes of talk time.  I do not want pay over £18 per month - especially after all the hassle I have had to put up with. If Virgin won't upgrade me then, I will see out the contract then move to another service provider!

Our Virgin TV, Broadband and Land line prices keep creeping up, theTivo box we have isn't exactly the most reliable piece of hardware and so I think it's time I started weighing-up alternative suppliers for both our household requirements and my mobile. I have already priced-up the Samsung via other online providers and seem to think Virgin will struggle to offer what I want and need!

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark247365,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had these problems previously. I really hope we can keep you on board when your upgrade is available.

Please let me know how you get on with this. I'm keen to make sure we get it all sorted.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos