Menu
Charlottie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constantly getting messages from 0800 408 9340 which is apparently a virgin mobile number

They call and leave no message and hang up straight away, I'm assuming it's randomly calling customers and hoping the operator is there.

It's really annoying and pointless, I'm not going to purchase anything especially if the system is already a mess. The mobile Internet is always cutting out and now I'm getting these calls.

How do I stop them?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly getting messages from 0800 408 9340 which is apparently a virgin mobile number

Charlottie wrote:
They call and leave no message and hang up straight away, I'm assuming it's randomly calling customers and hoping the operator is there.

It's really annoying and pointless, I'm not going to purchase anything especially if the system is already a mess. The mobile Internet is always cutting out and now I'm getting these calls.

How do I stop them?

A member of the Forum Team here can opt you out of receiving marketing calls, but as you're mobile customer (do you have other VM services?), a call into 789 asking to be opted out should work also.

(If that call to 789 proves useless): Call into 150, go with the account details step, if you don't have any account details (I.E. only a mobile customer) key nothing in. It will one way or the other give the option to go into the menu. Go with option 4 -> option 5. Ask to be opted out of marketing calls. The opt out will take up to 28 days to complete, but the amount of calls received should minimize noticeably in the mean time. That department closes at 6PM on a Saturday. They may be able to put you through to someone on the mobile side who would do the opt out, or they might do the opt out for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly getting messages from 0800 408 9340 which is apparently a virgin mobile number

Do you have call blocking software for your phone?

Worth checking, if not there are plenty of apps. 

Stops the ppi and ambulance chasers as well

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos