Menu
daisyboo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant texts from Virgin..want them to stop

This is not the first post that you have had regarding this.

How come that I have just changed my service provider to Virgin. Had the same number for over 15 years and never been bothered by spam texts or calls. Suddenly, they are coming every day, several times a day, and who is the biggest culprit VIRGIN.. they won't stop.

In an aside, Virgin have obviously sold my number on to who?..I am registered with TPS. I don't think that this is a coincidence. 

I also firmly stated that I don't want any marketing texts, calls or emails from Virgin..do they listen, NO. All text and calls come from withheld numbers. It is impossible to reply to the Virgin texts telling them to stop, as Virgin block you doing this..Same with the phone number and emails.

It is frustrating and intensely annoying that now, I have had to block Virgin emails completely. This means that if they really have a need to contact me, then they cannot.

I'm furious that also, in order to stop these texts and calls from Virgin I have had to put my phone on 'do not disturb', unless in my contact list..I have 3 children and 2 grandchildren in my contact list. No one else can now call or text me that may not be in my contact list.

Funny, but I thought this phone was mine, not VIRGIN'S.....!!!!!!!!

Consequently, I am unable to use my brand new iPhone bought from Virgin,  because Virgin do not care about their customers. Got my money, what more do they want.

I also have just signed up for full Virgin media package..so got the full monty.

Thanks Virgin, when my contract is up..goodbye and back to Sky, who I thought were the pitts.. but hey, better the devil you know. At least they respected my wishes.

NEXT CALL IS TO OFCOM..Strange that Virgin will stop spam texts to my phone from other companies, or so I am led to believe, but it is okay for them to do it..why is this??

0 Kudos
daisyboo
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant texts from Virgin..want them to stop

Just wanted to add on from below. Just go back to my email inbox, and hey ho, two extra emails from Virgin..Media..Forum.

I don't need another email overtime I post on here. Looks like I will have to block this one now..what a very sad and uncaring company Virgin is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi daisyboo,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're receiving a lot of messages from us. I want to help get this sorted for you.

Are you able to text STOP ALL to one of the texts? That should prevent you from receiving any further marketing material from us.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

I'm here if you need me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you manage to get the messages from us stopped daisyboo?

Please let me know if you need anything from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
daisyboo
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is not possible to reply to any text from Virgin..they make sure of that.

I did however find a number that I could respond to..that came back as not being recognised..but it is a Virgin number. Found two other numbers. Again the first one did not work..not recognised, the second one did, and they appeared to have stopped..for now.

Funny thing is, that Virgin then CHARGED me for the text to stop them spamming me! Said this is a premium number.  I have had this charged reversed.

This now brings me to another point. My contract states unlimited texts. Your advert states 'unlimited and we mean unlimited' texts. Virgin have admitted that no where in the advertisement and in contract terms and conditions does it state that I will be charged for premium texts and what these premium texts consist of..

0 Kudos