Menu
francesniven
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection to Wifi

Since I upgraded from Iphone to Samsung Galaxy, I'm having serious problems automatically connecting to wifi or accessing the internet when I'm not in a wifi zone.  I'm not a techie person but my understanding is that if there is no wifi my 3g would kick in.  Can anyone advise if this is a virgin network issue or should I be doing something to my phone settings?  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection to Wifi

The Galaxy will not show H+ when connected to wifi, however it should show the signal strength bars. H+ indicates that it is able to use mobile data.

If you walk out of range of the wifi the H+ should re-appear. Coming back it should disappear to be replace with the wifi indicator and the signal strength bars.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds more like an issue with the phone - probably the settings.

Is mobile data switched on as it is possible to switch it off in the settings.

Also check you have the right settings https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=164604&CURREN...

francesniven
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your help.  I will try that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey francesniven

Just checking in to see how the issue with your phone is going?

If you've checked your settings and you've got your data turned on and it's still not working, we'd love to take a closer look for you.

As for it not automatically connecting to WIFI, does this happen with more than one saved network?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
francesniven
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi There.  Yes - the settings were fine.  I printed out the samsung manual and had a look at this too and it seems that my phone has H+ so the connection should automatically go between this and wifi but it doesn't always and I have to click off wifi for the H+ to kick in. If there's something I can do to fix that, then my life would be complete!  Thanks for your help.  Frances

Craig_D wrote:

Hey francesniven

Just checking in to see how the issue with your phone is going?

If you've checked your settings and you've got your data turned on and it's still not working, we'd love to take a closer look for you.

As for it not automatically connecting to WIFI, does this happen with more than one saved network?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Galaxy will not show H+ when connected to wifi, however it should show the signal strength bars. H+ indicates that it is able to use mobile data.

If you walk out of range of the wifi the H+ should re-appear. Coming back it should disappear to be replace with the wifi indicator and the signal strength bars.

francesniven
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perfect I'll try that and hope I don't look mad!

0 Kudos