Menu
Alanp9373
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Confused regarding upgrade

Hi all, can someone help please. Started with virgin mobile 6 months ago as a c1 customer so can only get sim only contract but I've now trying to upgrade my package to a phone and sim contract which I requested and was told to ring them back in 24hrs to see if the request is successful which it was but then to be told I have to wait a further 48hrs before they can even think about putting my order though.now is this correct or am I trying to be thobbed off!!!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Alanp9373
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Confused regarding upgrade

No didnt get it sorted even though im a c2 customer and pass all virgins checks its the loan side of things for the phone that is stopping me getting an upgrade, but been offered phone and aim contracts from EE and O2 so if it aint sorted by the 12th feb im leaving virgin and heading to EE or O2.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alanp9373,

the new contracts Virgin setup are called "freestyle" which are basically two separate agreements. One for the handset and the other for the airtime (mins, texts and data).

The handset agreement is an interest free loan or credit agreement that is taken out over the period. As the agreement is a loan agreement then a credit check would have to be ran in line with the FCA guidelines.

It would be your external credit file that would decide if you could pass for a loan or not.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Alanp9373
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So after the request goes in for me to go from a C1 customer to a C2 customer it will take 72hrs from first contact to achieve this or should it be done in the 48hrs I have been told it will take. That's all I want to know.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alanp9373,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

With regards to the credit class changing, I would say to give it 72 hours to be completely sure. Have you heard from us regarding this yet?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alanp9373,

Did you manage to get this all sorted in the end? Please give me a shout if you need anything.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Alanp9373
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No didnt get it sorted even though im a c2 customer and pass all virgins checks its the loan side of things for the phone that is stopping me getting an upgrade, but been offered phone and aim contracts from EE and O2 so if it aint sorted by the 12th feb im leaving virgin and heading to EE or O2.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I hope we can get this all sorted Alanp9373 Smiley Happy

Please give us another call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll do all we can to make this happen for you.

Let me know how it all goes.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Alanp9373
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to someone yesterday regarding it and he told me not to try again until the 12th feb as it could harm my credit rating as they only tried last friday 15th jan but EE have credit checked me since plus O2 and theres no problem there at all so dont understand why virgin does have a problem maybe its there loan people are to stricted and need to relax a little.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Alan Smiley Happy

Our freestyle contracts are effectively a loan agreement so this will be different to standard contracts offered by other networks.

Please let me know how you get on with this as I'm keen to make sure that we keep you on board Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Alanp9373
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok matt i will keep you up to date and thanks for your help and support regarding this matter
0 Kudos