Menu
gurHuIt6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Conference calling

Is it a virgin thing to not support conference call or do I need to set something up please? I like to call my family and combine the calls so we can talk together. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conference calling

Virgin seem only to supply a basic phone service. And 'extras' like Call Forwarding and Conference calling do not come into the equation. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Conference calling

Hi gurHuIt6,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've had difficulties getting information about how to make a conference call on your Virgin Mobile service. We do offer Group Call, which lets you talk to up to 20 people on the phone, all at the same time.

To set Group Call up:

1.       First up, choose an organiser. The organiser needs to have a Virgin Mobile phone.

2.       If they like, the organiser can choose a 4-digit security PIN for everyone to use. A PIN is optional though.

3.       The organiser of the call then needs to contact the rest of the group to tell them:

• The date and time of the call.
  • The organiser's mobile phone number.
  • The PIN number (if there is one).
  • To save time, it might be a good idea to tell everyone by Group Text.

How To Make A Group Call:

If you're the organiser:

• Call 07953 966 966 from your Virgin Mobile phone.
  • We'll ask you to enter your Virgin Mobile phone number, followed by the hash key (#). This is also known as the Group Identity Number.
  • If you've chosen a 4-digit PIN we'll ask you to enter this too, followed by the hash key (#). If no PIN has been set, just press the hash key (#) to get started.

If you're a caller:

• Call 07953 966 966 from any phone.
  • We'll ask you to enter the organiser's Virgin Mobile phone number, followed by the hash key (#). This is also known as the Group Identity Number.
  • If the organiser’s told you a 4-digit PIN we'll ask you to enter this too, followed by the hash key (#). If no PIN has been set, just press the hash key (#). That’s it! 

Callers can enter and leave the Group Call at any time. Each time they do, we'll let you know. You'll hear a beep followed by the number of callers left.

Cost of Group Call:

• It costs the same as a call to a Virgin Mobile phone.
  • Each member pays the cost of a single phone call.
  • There's no premium rate, no hidden charges and no set up fee.

Taking part in a Group Call from overseas? It'll cost the standard rate for calling a Virgin Mobile phone from abroad.

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos