Menu
marvo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Con

I made a BIG mistake switching to Virgin Mobile. I used to be with 3, had a £10.99 package which was inclusive, never, ever went above that amount. Virgin ring me up, "Oh we can beat that, we'll give you the same package for £8.00 and we'll even give you half price for 6 months". Super I say. Well,  the first bill was indeed £4.00. The next was £72.21. I was abroad, switched everything off but somehow something had got switched on again by mistake, just for a couple of days, wasn't being used but..... So, stopped using the phone then but still managed to rack up £15.13, was really pleased to get back to the UK so at last could receive a £4.00 bill but no, £7.80 this time. Last month I managed a £4.40. Sweet, almost got it right. Just got my latest bill, another one over £20. No idea why, I think the broadband (supplied by Virgin) has been going off intermittently so unbeknown to me any pictures I've sent via WhatsApp have now been charged. What a joke of a company! Beware of signing up with this cowboy outfit! It's never what it seems.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Con

Hi marvo,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've had unexpected charges on your mobile bill.

Please see the suggestions below for ways to manage your data usage:

• Use the Virgin Mobile Your Account app to keep track of your data usage balance (Install from your app store)
  • Login to Your Account online to view Recent Usage
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'
  • Set up each of your apps, app store and OS to only update when connected through WiFi
  • Download a third party app that will track your data usage

Also, please see our online Help & Support pages: 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi marvo,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've had unexpected charges on your mobile bill.

Please see the suggestions below for ways to manage your data usage:

• Use the Virgin Mobile Your Account app to keep track of your data usage balance (Install from your app store)
  • Login to Your Account online to view Recent Usage
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'
  • Set up each of your apps, app store and OS to only update when connected through WiFi
  • Download a third party app that will track your data usage

Also, please see our online Help & Support pages: 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
marvo
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

All sorted. Threatened to leave and the money was refunded.
0 Kudos