Menu
Jconnor1956
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint

I wanted to upgrade from 3G to 4g. I was sent a new SIM card 4 days ago. Each day I have phoned to ask for SIM card to be activated. Each time I was told to wait 24 hours. Nothing happened. SIM does not work. Last call made to very unhelpful man Refused to give me name of the manager. How hard is it virgin to activate a SIM card. Anyone else had this problem. What a dreadful company. Furious.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint

Mines worked right away after I sent the text waited for auto reply and once received it I switched off the phone removed old card inserted the new sim.

If you're still not receiving access then if you can dial 150 from landline and take the mobile option.

I know you said you had called them already but very often you need to call more than once to get an advisor that knows what they're doing.

All Replies
paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try sending a text to 789678 with the word READY see if this pushes things forward.
0 Kudos
Jconnor1956
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have tried this 3 times. Still not working.

Thanks
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mines worked right away after I sent the text waited for auto reply and once received it I switched off the phone removed old card inserted the new sim.

If you're still not receiving access then if you can dial 150 from landline and take the mobile option.

I know you said you had called them already but very often you need to call more than once to get an advisor that knows what they're doing.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jconnor1956

I'm really sorry to hear about the delay with the activation of your SIM card. I'd like to take a look at your account and see if we can get to the bottom of it. I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know