Menu
Highlighted
Mo1080
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint - misleading and inaccurate order placing process

I though I would share my experience of dealing with Virgin in case you were thinking of ordering their broadband and expecting the offered installation dates on their website to be in any way accurate: 

Contents of my complaint to them below (which remains unresolved):

Complaint about misleading website service and inadequate installation date offer

I write to complain about a disappointing service from your company which has caused me stress and inconvenience.

On Sunday 1st October 2017, I placed an order for Virgin Broadband installation. I was able to choose a range of dates for installation and I was asked to choose a first and second preference date. The dates I chose were either 25th October 2017 or 26th October 2017. I received an email back saying that Virgin would be in touch to confirm.

On the back of this email I cancelled services with my current broadband provided BT. Services ending 31st October 2017.

Yesterday (2 October 2017) I received an email saying that the earliest installation date was 16 November 2017 between 1-6PM.

I phoned your contact centre explaining that I could not do without internet for 2 weeks and asked why dates were made available on the website when clearly they were not available at all.    

The telephony agent was not able to answer the question on the website dates and put me through to another department to try and arrange an alternative installation date. I waited on the line for around 15 minutes and then I was cut off.

I called back, explained the whole thing again, and again I was transferred to another apartment who eventually picked up after around 20 minutes only to tell me that there were no other available dates. I said that I would have to cancel and go back to BT (which incidentally will mean that I will have to re-contract with them for another 12 months). I have been promised a call back regarding the date, but at the time of me writing this letter, I have not received a call.    

The whole process is misleading and the information on the website is inaccurate.

To remedy my complaint, I require confirmation of installation on one of the 2 requested installation dates I have made. Otherwise, can you please cancel my order and I will take my business and money elsewhere.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint - misleading and inaccurate order placing process

You dont have to recontract to BT, you can simply change your cancellation date

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You dont have to recontract to BT, you can simply change your cancellation date

0 Kudos
Mo1080
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tip, which I will try...

If it works, it all adds to the inconvenience caused by Virgin placing misleading and inaccurate information on their website and the inadequate custoemr services arrangements that they have in place to deal with enquiries caused by their misinformation...

thanks again

0 Kudos