Menu
mfk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Complaint about care

I returned a phone for repair in the packaging provided and it was in perfect condition now they won't let me have the phone back as they say the screen is cracked and they want me to pay for it.  It was in perfect condition when it left me with the only problem being it won't  charge.  I can't get to speak to anyone to sort this out and constantly get put on hold.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint about care

Hi mfk1

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your handset has been damaged in transit.

If this is the case, you would need to put in a claim to the courier service for damaged goods.

As the warranty is now void, we'd no longer be able to repair the handset at our repair centre free of charge, so you would have the option of making a payment for the repair or the phone would be sent back to you unrepaired.

Either way, you can make a claim for the cost of the repair/replacement directly with the courier.

Was this Royal Mail?

If so, you can find more information here on getting further assistance with this.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint about care

Surely if the return bag was provided by Virgin, it is not the original poster who has the contract with the courier, it is Virgin.

Was it a prepaid bag? If so, stick to your guns. Virgin is responsible for the choice of careless courier, not you. They should be the ones with the onus of proving the courier broke the handset, and making a claim against the courier.
0 Kudos