Menu
RFBrown23
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Complaint - Use of fraudulent sales techniques and failure to take agreed remedy as promised

Today - I am appalled to find that my bank account has been debited for three sets of £2.50 for three mobile accounts that were fraudulently set up by a Virgin Mobile sales person following a sales call that I (stupidly) participated in a month or so ago. 

Upon receiving THREE Sim cards!!! through the post a few days later I called Virgin Mobile and was told that these would be cancelled. This has not happened.

I also said that I wished to complain as I was very concerned that a representative of Virgin could act in this way. I was assured that an investigation would take place and I would receive an apology. This has not transpired.

I find that I have no way to email Virgin (I want to keep a record of my next correspondence) and so I am posting here and will send a written complaint to Swansea later today.

Shameful and wholly unexpected experience with Virgin. I expected better.

Depending on how they respond I may be forced to cancel my TV and Broadband....way to go alienating your customer base Virgin!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint - Use of fraudulent sales techniques and failure to take agreed remedy as promised

Hi RFBrown23,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for your post.

This sound very frustrating at the least and certainly when this unexpected charge comes through, it's not a good thing.

I would like to know what the response is from the complaints department and if you can please keep us in the loop, I'll be able to advise and help too.

If you require any additional support, please pop me a message or reply to me here Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RFBrown23
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint - Use of fraudulent sales techniques and failure to take agreed remedy as promised

Dear Ben

I spoke with a representative over the phone who was very apologetic.

They advised that three direct debt had been set up and that it was a timing issue. The accounts that been closed after my first call in early August.

I hadn't appreciated that three direct debits could be set up without my approval or knowledge. I have deleted them.

I was advised that I would receive a refund in 5 days. This hasn't happened. Still waiting.

Tried to call 150 today waiting 9 mins. Hung up and will call later.

I will also be asking wy my Vivid200 is only clocking 40- 47 MBS according to speedtest and much less after 11.00 at night.

You advice and input would be welcome.

Richard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,

Thank you for getting back to us. Ben is away, so I've picked up your post. Checking into your mobile query, I can see that the refunds were applied in the last few days. If you haven't received this yet, you should receive the refund within 5 working days.

I have tested your broadband connection and can see that there is a known issue in your area that our engineers are working on:

Reference Number: F004144676

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

Estimated Review Date: 12 OCT 2016 13:35

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
RFBrown23
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Terri

Thank you for getting back to me and for taking action in relation to my complaint/ concerns. I appreciate your intervention.

I will check my account and let you know the outcome in relation to the repayment.

The broadband issue appears to be deteriorating as we struggled to download iplayer content with major buffering.

I look forward to this being resolved very soon.

Kind regards

Richard
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Terri's info is great but looking on the broadband sub forum I read that the review date is not a completion date and just an assessment of the work or upgrades required and you may get a few review dates before completion. Just to set you expectations.
0 Kudos
RFBrown23
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear J0hn

Thank you for your message.

12 October already feels a long way away. Very unimpressed with Virgin. Sharks in the sales team, inept customer service and a broadband product that falls short of its claims.

Terri - how about compensation? I am not getting what I contracted for.

Richard

0 Kudos
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Similar experience here.  Mis-sold phone.  Delivered to wrong address.  When it came could see it couldnt perform as promised. Wanted to send back and cancel.  Talked into a replacement at same price ( I suspect too cheap to sell a better phone).  Promised courier to pick up unwanted one and deliver better one.  Did not turn up,  Promised courier would come over the day.  Then again next day.  Again re-iterated no problem, will get new phone.  Ended up trying to cancel after being told we had to send unwanted one back via a jiffy bag (first we had heard), Denied or consumer rights each time we rang as they insist jiffy bag must be received and phone sent back first before can cancel.  Messed around, put on hold for ages, lied to.  No jiffy bag arrives despite ringing up and being told sent again.  It just goes on and on and no email address to send complaint in writing.

They have no effective processes.  All about getting a sale and making false promises.  No follow up phone calls or emails or letters.  Basically they seem to bin whatever you have told them and do absolutely nothing except tell a pack of lies.

0 Kudos
RFBrown23
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still no sign of the refund that you promised Terri.

Since your post I have been advised my monthly charge will increase.

To recap:-

Joined Vigin in May.
Contacted by Vigin sales and ended up with three sim cards/accounts I didn't want/ask for.
Tried numerous times to get refund / apology /anyone from Virgin to take action.
Vivid 200 turns out to be Murky 35 with regular outages.
....this affects TV services and everything is slow
..........but that's OK as someone from Virgin may review the known problem in 4 or 5 weeks!!!!!

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I have by been with My Virgin experience so far.

Richard
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RFBrown23,

I'm sorry that the refund hasn't been processed. Checking this, I can see that your account is noted that the refunds have been processed. In order to look into this further for you, please call us on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline).

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos