Menu
GM3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Code to unlock phone?

Hello, I have the pay-as-you-go Big Data and Texts plan. I assumed since there is no contract (I just refill my account online whenever balance goes low..), the phone is unlocked. However, now that I have moved out of the UK for the time being, I tried to put in a local sim card and it is not letting me do so. It is asking for a code to unlock the phone. Could you please let me know where I can find this code? It is extremely unfair of Virgin Mobile to keep my phone locked considering I never signed any time-bound contracts with you! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Code to unlock phone?

Hi GM3,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear your mobile is locked to us which means you're unable to use it with your new provider.

Where did you purchase the handset?

Was it used with another provider before us?

Some handsets will lock to the first network it connects to. So if you only used it with our network then that could explain the situation.

The cost of getting it unlocked is £15.32. To get this done you'd need to call +447953967967 from abroad.

I apologise once again for the inconvenience. Please let me know how it all goes and if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI GM3

Some of how handsets are network locked. This also applies to other networks as well

IF the handset is unlocked then you can call our customer service team who can provide this for you.

There is a cost of £15 - £16 to have this code

Hope this helps
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi GM3,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear your mobile is locked to us which means you're unable to use it with your new provider.

Where did you purchase the handset?

Was it used with another provider before us?

Some handsets will lock to the first network it connects to. So if you only used it with our network then that could explain the situation.

The cost of getting it unlocked is £15.32. To get this done you'd need to call +447953967967 from abroad.

I apologise once again for the inconvenience. Please let me know how it all goes and if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
GM3
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Rich. Yes, I figured it out. Phone is all set now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it's all sorted GM3 Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos