Menu
Wolfmon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheap European data pass - come on Virgin, catch up!

EE are offering 500Mb of data for £3 per day. You can add unlimited calls and texts for another £1 per day.  A really nice way of administering it too - you set it up once with a quick text and you get charged the flat rate each day you use it.

Kind of beats £10 for 10Mb

Come on, Virgin; do catch up...

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cheap European data pass - come on Virgin, catch up!

Your a little out of date with your £10 for 10Mb price.

It's been 35p for 10Mb for a while now, 4p @minute for calls and 1p @text.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Wolfmon
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're right! I've just checked my last text from Europe and it says 35p for 10Mb.

It's not advertised very well though. It took me a while to find the info on the Virgin Mobile help pages (link below in case anyone else is looking - I actually got the £10 for 10Mb figure from searching these pages)

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

You can grab a 10MB pass for £0.35, a 50MB pass for £1.50 or a 250MB pass for £5.00.

Each of our passes will last for 30 days.

Ddd

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wolfmon,

you are certainly correct about the confusing and conflicting nature of Virgin's "help" pages.

The one you linked to states " just buy a 3 month pass"....."Each of our passes will last for 30 days".

So why call it a 3 month pass Smiley Frustrated

I think this page is more helpful : Taking your mobile abroad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid said "So why call it a 3 month pass"

Because the day you apply for it, it doesn't work - 2 month's of calling CS before it works and then the one month to use it. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wolfmon

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry there's been some confusion over the data pass pricing and how long they run for.

It's possible you may come across some old pages, but we do our best to remove or update anything that's out of date.

Could I just check how you stumbled across that article as I would like to get it looked into?

Data passes were valid for 90 days at one point, but it has been 30 days for quite some time now - this is where the discrepancy has come from though.

The page AlexKid linked to is much more helpful and up to date.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos