Menu
koolclub
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charged Premium text to another UK Virgin Mobile number??

Over my last 2 VMobile bills, i've noticed several charges for Premium Text Messages to my wifes VMobile number which is included on my account, and which should be a FREE text VMobile to VMobile.

After caling Virgin CC i've been told that it's because i have my wifes number in my contacts with the +44 country code & that i should change it to 07*** etc which i did do, but it's still happening & i'm getting billed for these texts.

Now i have all my contacts with International codes as i do travel abroad a lot & if i have to edit everyone's contact number to send a simple text message while abroad this would be an unnnecessary pain the backside.

There is obviously a problem within the system if it can't recognise Country codes if sending text messages, & why does this only happen when i text my wifes number & not all my contacts?

Please escalate to tech dept to look into.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged Premium text to another UK Virgin Mobile number??

koolclub wrote:

Over my last 2 VMobile bills, i've noticed several charges for Premium Text Messages to my wifes VMobile number which is included on my account, and which should be a FREE text VMobile to VMobile.

After caling Virgin CC i've been told that it's because i have my wifes number in my contacts with the +44 country code & that i should change it to 07*** etc which i did do, but it's still happening & i'm getting billed for these texts.

They are talking out of their bottom.

My wife's number is stored as +447 on a different network and I get to text her for free as part of my allowance.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To back up Gorf on this one, with me going over the water a few times a year, most of my numbers are stored as +44 - have never been charged for a normal text.

Would say it was an error/wrong setting in one of the sim accounts/number.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
koolclub
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input.

What i find strange is that it's every sms i send to my wifes number that gets charged as a premium text, and i have to call Virgin CC everytime i get a bill for them to issue a credit. It's bloody annoying that they haven't rectified the problem.

All my contacts are entered with the + Country codes which is the correct way IMHO seeing as i do use my phone abroad, but it's just sms to my wife that get charged. My son's mobile is also on VM and under my account but i don't get charged for sending sms to him or anybody else in my phonebook!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like that pins the problem down to your wife's sim, does your wife get charged for sending to you?.

does your son get charged for sending to his mum?

Other thing it could be, are you adding loads of Heart at the end of your text's to your wife (joke. lol)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
koolclub
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No kisses or hearts emoji's only an x at the end. Smiley Very Happy

The problem is only when i send sms msg's from my phone to my wife's phone. No problems with me sending to anyone else, my son to wife, wife to me etc etc.
Virgin CC recommended i take off the +44 but that hasn't made a difference and that is Bull Sh anyway because that shouldn't be a problem.

What it looks like is that i'm going to have to call Virgin CC everytime i get a new bill so they can credit me with the amount in error. :-(

0 Kudos