Menu
mikemaas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changing to PAYG

Thanks to generous help from two members of the community I`ve reached the tariff-change page of virginmobile. But the one thing amongst an abundance of tariffs they do not offer is Pay As You Go!

I want to change down from £5 a month to PAYG and I wanted to time it for today because my £5 payment is due tomorrow. Of course there`s no phone-answering service on Sundays on that subject. If I do it tomorrow, February having only 29 days, I`ll overrun the 30-day rule and have to pay second month at the present rate.  Difficult all the way.

Mike Maas

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing to PAYG

Hi Mike,

so I take it that your refresh date is tomorrow. Obviously too late to change now before your next payment is taken.

However if you call the team on 789 (the overseas call centre will still take your call on a Sunday).
Tonight or tomorrow you will be fine to cancel your plan and request to change to pay as you go before your March refresh date.

There is only a choice of two p.a.y.g plans : Big Talk or Big Data & Text

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing to PAYG

Hi Mike,

one thing to consider before you change to Virgin Mobile pay as you go.

Currently you are only paying £5 pr month.
If you change to p.a.y.g unless you top up by at least £10 pr month to get your "rewards". Virgin p.a.y.g. call charges are not cheap:

Calls 35p pr minute

Texts 12p pr text

Voicemail 26p pr call

Data £1 pr day > 100MB

Especially when you compare to something like Three Mobile's 3p pr minute, 2p pr text & 1p pr MB.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos