Menu
lewisdp
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing tariffs

Have being trying to swap a SIM only tariff (Freestyle) to latest offering, and also another SIM only tariff to latest offers.

1st swap is a £ 6 per month VM special 250 min 1GB, trying to swap to standard £8 1000 min 1GB.

2nd swap is from £5 250 min 250MB to new £5 250 min 500MB. 

Not even retention seem to be able to do this

Surely I should on a rolling 30 day contract be able to swap to any current tariff ?

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing tariffs

You should not be having any problems swapping over to those tarrifs - but !!!!

All I can suggest is to ring retentions again (789 then options 0 and 4) on a weekday during office hours, that should get you through to UK staff who should be able to help and change them over for you.

Good luck :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should not be having any problems swapping over to those tarrifs - but !!!!

All I can suggest is to ring retentions again (789 then options 0 and 4) on a weekday during office hours, that should get you through to UK staff who should be able to help and change them over for you.

Good luck :-)

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
lewisdp
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got through to retentions and they couldn't do it, had to pass me on to another team !

Managed to get sim only changed, but Freestyle can only be changed to a tariff that was available when I signed up to Freestyle Smiley Sad

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not good to hear you were limited with the choice.

From my understanding, I thought Freestyle was just that, the sim side was separate to the phone and was on a standard sim-only 30day contract - so why has limitations of choice come into play ?

Maybe someone who knows why will care to explain !!
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Copied from Virgin T&c's
"Freestyle Contracts: Based on a 24 month consumer credit agreement with Virgin Media Mobile Finance Limited for the phone, and a 30 day rolling Pay Monthly Airtime Contract with Virgin Mobile Telecoms Limited."

So T&C's say, sim side is a standard 30day contract, not a signed 24 month contract where you can limit or say what a customer can or not have on a 30day sim-only, or even stop a customer giving 30days notice and cancelling the sim at anytime.