Menu
kammak743
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing sim size

I need to transfer from standard to micro sim.

How do I get a micro sim?

Will the old sim stay activated until the new one is put in a phone?

Is both credit and the number transferred?

Is the new sim free?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing sim size

Hi kammak743,

give customer services a call on 789 from your mobile (0345 6000 789 from any other phone) & request a replacement SIM.

Tell them that you need to change your SIM size to "micro" or ask for a "multi SIM" then you can just pop it out to the size.

It's usually free but they may ask for postage (I think it all depends on the agent you get Smiley Indifferent)

If you choose "self activation" it will be up to you to activate it once it arrives.
(Text READY to 789678 from your old SIM).

Once activated it will use your original number and any balance will also be transferred but you will be responsible for any SIM content such as saved contacts.

Or you could trim it down to size yourself (sounds scary but really easy). This is what I did Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing sim size

Hi kammak743,

give customer services a call on 789 from your mobile (0345 6000 789 from any other phone) & request a replacement SIM.

Tell them that you need to change your SIM size to "micro" or ask for a "multi SIM" then you can just pop it out to the size.

It's usually free but they may ask for postage (I think it all depends on the agent you get Smiley Indifferent)

If you choose "self activation" it will be up to you to activate it once it arrives.
(Text READY to 789678 from your old SIM).

Once activated it will use your original number and any balance will also be transferred but you will be responsible for any SIM content such as saved contacts.

Or you could trim it down to size yourself (sounds scary but really easy). This is what I did Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.